Tickets for a one-off gig in Las Vegas by Sir Paul McCartney sold out seven seconds after going on sale, according to organisers.
Just 4,000 lucky fans will see the former Beatle perform at the opening of the New Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino on 19 April. The new $60 million (￡43.6m) venue is twice the size of its predecessor.
Tickets went on sale on 14 February and sold at a rate of almost 600 a second, according to promoter Concerts West.
Also on this day...
- 2020: Peter Jackson’s The Beatles: Get Back set for cinema release in September 2020
- 1970: George Harrison is interviewed for the BBC’s The Beatles Today
- 1970: Recording: It Don’t Come Easy by Ringo Starr
- 1970: US single release: Let It Be
- 1969: Paul McCartney and George Harrison produce a Jackie Lomax session
- 1969: Mixing: Two Of Us, The Long And Winding Road, Lady Madonna
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Radio: The Friday Spectacular
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.